Who coordinates the program in Quebec?
Zone Loisir Montérégie, is owner of the companion sticker trade-mark, in accordance with the provisions of the Trade Marks Act, is responsible for the coordination of the Québécois component of the Tourist and Leisure Companion Sticker (TLCS).
Zone Loisir Montérégie sees to the uniformity of program management throughout Quebec, and ensures compliance with its underlying philosophy, that is advocating full and equitable access to tourist and recreational activities by all citizens. The following are some examples reflecting the values championed through the companion sticker program.
- The companion sticker is designed exclusively for the purpose of granting free access to the companion of a person with a disability. All other use would constitute a fraud.
- The companion sticker is intended for persons 12 years of age or older, as all children under 12 are generally accompanied by an adult for outings, whether they have a disability or not. However, consideration may be given to some exceptional cases, depending on the severity of the disability and the particulars of the family circumstance.
- The companion sticker must not be used to arrive at a discount of any kind, when purchasing an admission ticket or a product.
- Anyone with any kind of disability is entitled to the same rights as his/her fellow citizens, no matter where that person lives.
- To carry out the companion sticker mandate, Zone Loisir Montérégie cooperates with recreational regional associations for disabled persons [Associations régionales de loisirs pour personnes handicapées (ARLPH) du Québec] and other regional organizations.
To achieve this mandate, Zone Loisir Montérégie works in collaboration with agencies responsible for recreation for people with disabilities in different regions of Quebec.
Among these roles, Zone Loisir Montérégie receives request from all across Quebec and these request are then processed and sent to the right accredited association in your region, also taking in to considering the type of limitations of the applicant.
Zone Loisir Montérégie is responsible for the management of this website and is always in contact with regional leaders across Quebec.